Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bread for Less Bread: $1 a Loaf

Need to make lunch for the week?  No bread in the pantry?  Hardly any bread in the wallet or purse?  Don't worry!  Dollar Tree has you covered.  They have loaves of bread for only $1.  Yup, you can get some bread for only a dollar!

I generally buy whole wheat Nature's Own Bread there.  It has no high fructose corn syrup.  However, the also usually have Nature's Own white wheat bread and honey wheat bread among other things.  You'll also find some other brands of bread.  They won't be as good as these artisan breads, but you'll be able to make a sandwich!

Photo by Peggy Greb, USDA ARS [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Now, you do have to use a little caution.  Usually, the best buy date on Dollar Tree bread is only a day or two after you buy it.  I usually get one loaf and use it immediately.  Otherwise, I will freeze a loaf in the freezer and thaw it out the night before I need it.

Another place to buy bread cheap is a bakery outlet store.  Most big cities have one. However, they are not always convenient. To be honest, it's been awhile since I've been in one.  The other place I get bread cheap is Publix.  They often have buy one, get one free sales on bread.  If I'm lucky, I can get bread for $2.00 a loaf at Publix.

Of course, if you have the time, you can always save money by baking your own bread at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment